Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hand Carded Superfine Merino, Silk, Bamboo - My English Garden


This fun over the top batt, was inspired when I dyed some Merino pink and yellow...it mixed and blended into the prettiest peach colors here and there. It hung around my studio catching my eye and making my brain stretch. Then I spied some peach bamboo I had dyed and stuck in my stash a few weeks ago...I thought that would look pretty together. After looking through a few books..I had added the rose in my mind..and then someone said "it's spring time..mint green is so nice in the spring time", mint green, check! The blue violet was a last minute decision, but I couldn't let it rest there either..cuz I found some pink firestar in my stash that needed a happy home, and found it at last!...it all came together to make My English Garden. I am anxious to try this color way in other fibers. If I wasn't exhausted I would be out spinning my sample right now..oh well..another time. I wish I had a better camera, or more camera knowledge... these pictures do not do this reality justice. I changed the original photo out for this one. This depicts the actual colors as I see them with my eyes.

No comments: