Friday, April 10, 2009

Banana Cake for Everyone!

My love for baked goods comes in just second to my love of fiber! Today I was inspired by the very ripe bananas on my counter to build some cake. I thought someone might like this recipe. My mom gave it to me years and years ago..because for the life of me..I could not make banana bread...I am cooking challenged..it is true that when the smoke alarm goes off, the dh knows its time to eat at my house...I just have many more important things to do..or most likely I just wandered off!

Banana Loaf Cake - moist and soft!
1/2 C. shortening
1 t. vanilla
1 1/3 C brown sugar..(I never buy this..I just make my own from molasses and sugar..otherwise it just goes hard in my cupboard)
2 eggs, beaten
2 C. flour
1/2 t. salt
2 t. baking powder
1/4 C. milk
1 C. ripe bananas I used 2 (when my kids were growing up and I was too busy ..I would just throw the 1/2 rotten bananas in my freezer..then when I had time..I would build this cake)
nuts optional
spices..use what you like..i throw in a little bit of everything to include extra cinnamon..cuz we love it so much!

Set oven to 350 degrees. Cream shortening, vanilla and sugar with hand mixer. Add beaten eggs. Mix in dry ingredients alternatly with milk and bananas. Add nuts and spices. (study spelling words)

Bake in greased and floured bread pan, for about 1 hour...(check it and it's done when the steak knife comes out clean)

Then enjoy your little biddy! :) Ny.

No comments: